The initial application period was for those wishing to apply to Inc. Magazine's 2017 Inc. 5000, a comprehensive list of the 5,000 fastest growing businesses in America, and Seminole 100. That application period closed April 30, 2017.
All applications were then accepted and reviewed by Inc. Magazine as we utilized their services for calculating the adjusted growth rate of eligible businesses.
FSU alumni were able to apply at a discounted rate by entering the exclusive promo code "FSUAlum." All applications received on or after May 1, 2017 were only eligible for the Seminole 100 list. If an application was submitted during the initial campaign period (before, or on April 30, 2017) then those applicants were eligible to be named to both the Inc. 5000 and Seminole 100 lists.
To qualify for the 2017 Seminole 100 businesses must:
- Be the Owner, CEO, or Managing Partner and attended Florida State University
- Applicants must select "Florida State University" when applying in order for Inc. to identify they are applying for Seminole 100. More detail on FAQ page.
- Have generated revenue by March 31, 2013
- Have generated at least $100,000 in revenue in 2013
- Have generated at least $500,000 in revenue in 2016
- Be privately held, for profit, based in U.S., and independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company)
To ensure the integrity and credibility of the list, Inc. 5000 carefully verifies the 2013 and 2016 revenue numbers for every applicant. Submitting documentation early will ensure accurate coverage.
You can find a detailed breakdown of required materials and submission process instructions HERE.
The application period for the inaugural Seminole 100 is now closed.
Applications for the 2018 Seminole 100 will open on March 4, 2018.
Inc. Magazine and Florida state University reserve the following rights: (1) To independently verify that applicants and nominees meet all criteria, (2) Reject any nominee or applicant for any reason, (3) Modify requirements as needed without notification.